The school will be held in Room 0'101 at the Erwin-Schroedinger-Zentrum (ESZ) on the Adlershof site of HU Berlin. The room is on the ground floor, there will be signs at the entrance of the building.
From Adlershof S-Bahn (overground) station, either walk (ca. 10') or take the tram/bus to Magnusstrasse.
Wifi: The campus is equipped with Eduroam. If you don't have an Eduroam account, you can use the guest network _Free_Wifi_Berlin (click Verbinden on the pop-up page).
Important update (for those not staying in Adlershof)
- There is currently some construction work (Bauarbeit) on the S-Bahn and the trains are not running all the way to Adlershof. Instead, there is a replacement bus service (Ersatzverkehr mit Bussen) between Baumschulenweg and Adlershof.
- To find the departure site, just follow the temporary signs Abfahrt der Busse (they look like this) and get into Bus S9X (running between Baumschulenweg and the airport).
- To get to Baumschulenweg from the city centre, take the ring Bahn (clockwise) to Neukoelln, then the S45 to Baumsculenweg.
- For those staying in Ostbahnhof: The S9 is not working, so you will have to commute through Ostkreuz and take the ring.
- These replacement buses are usually reliable, but you should still allow some extra time in the morning.
- The Deutsche Bahn website gives live itineraries, taking these disruptions into account.
Some restaurants and cafes on campus
- Gerdan's cafe, in front of the conference room in the ESZ.
- Mani Mogo, Erich-Thilo-Strasse 3.
- Esswirtschaft, Rudower Chaussee 24 (on the forum next to the ESZ).
- Cadadia, Rudower Chaussee 39.
- Mr Wu, Am Studio 1.
- Falafel Saida, Albert-Einstein-Strasse 14.
Some places near Intercity Hotel Ostbahnhof and Hotel 26
- Holzmarkt, Holzmarktstrasse 25. Beer garden on the riverside, a short walk from Ostbahnhof.
- Spaccanapoli Nr. 12, Wuehlischstrasse 12. Italian restaurant.
- Niko Niko ramen, Boxhagener Strasse 26. Japanese restaurant.
- Akkawy, Kopernikusstrasse 8. East Mediterranean restaurant.
- Protokoll taproom, Boxhagener Strasse 110. Craft brewery.
- Noble Rot, Gaertnerstrasse 6. Wine bar with finger food.